Latino Diabetes Initiative - Community Outreach
Joslin's Latino Diabetes Initiative extends its presence within the local community, particularly the medically underserved in the Greater Boston area. We do this by providing diabetes education, screening and health advocacy through community-based partnerships.
Staff members attend local health fairs—including many Latino health fairs and cultural festivals—and offer educational and screening services through churches, schools and other community-based organizations.
In addition, the Latino Diabetes Initiative plays an active role in local advocacy initiatives, community consortiums and cultural competence training programs.
For more information, please contact our Research Coordinator:
One Joslin Place
Boston, MA 02215
Community Outreach Relationships
- A Tu Salud, Semana Binacional de Salud
- American Diabetes Assocation
- Alianza Hispana
- BIDMC - Office of Community Benefit and Learning Center
- Concilio Hispano
- Dimock Community Health Center
- El Planeta
- Greater Boston Diabetes Society
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Hispanic-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Boston
- Hispanic Office of Planning and Evaluation, Inc.
- Joseph Smith Community Health Center
- La Promesa Health Disparities
- Latin American Health Institute
- Lynn Community Health Center
- Martha Elliot Community Health Center
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Diabetes Prevention and Control Program
- Massachusetts Division of Medical Assistance
- The Mauricio Gaston Institute at UMass Boston
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Sociedad Latina
- South End Community Health Center
Page last updated: February 23, 2017