Led by DERC Associate Director Steven E. Shoelson, M.D., Ph.D., Holder of the Helen and Morton Adler Chair in Structural Biology and Head of the Section on Cellular and Molecular Physiology, the Enrichment Program promotes interdisciplinary communication, training and scientific exchange among investigators who share research interests in diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism.
The program has five key components:
- External research seminar series, held weekly, featuring an invited outside expert
- Internal research seminar series, held weekly, featuring a Joslin researcher
- Clinical seminar series, conducted by invited outside experts
- Special events, such as international symposia, on timely topics related to diabetes
- Two-day annual retreats, an opportunity for researchers in the Longwood Medical Area community to share ideas