Disease Management Consulting And Training
Joslin’s Disease Management team is available for consulting with your organization. Let our in-depth experience in effective disease management help your organization incorporate diabetes management into new or existing programs. We have also partnered with CMI Associates’ Sandra Lowery, former president of CMSA, to provide case management consulting and training.
You will benefit from Joslin’s:
- International reputation as the foremost diabetes research, care, and education center in the world.
- Over 100 years of history and a quarter of a million treated patients.
- Affiliation with Harvard Medical School and joint venture partnership with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
- Mission to improve the lives of people with diabetes and its complications through innovative care, education and research that will lead to prevention and cure of the disease.
Assessment of your organization’s current clinical practices and ability to implement a disease management program. This assessment includes review of databases, information sources, management systems, documentation systems, workforce, and current workflow.
- Development of effective care coordination strategies and patient care plans in response to patient clinical, emotional, and psychosocial needs, and in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Tools for risk stratification as well as tracking processes, outcomes, and utilization (learn more about Joslin's Diabetes Registry and Risk Stratification Systems <link to RSS page>)
- Education for care/case managers or those responsible for managing care coordination.
Joslin helps the organization integrate outcomes analysis and strategies for reducing costs of care into the overall quality improvement plan. Standardized documentation and data collection tools capture patient information and track key indicators. The documentation forms focus on the following:
- Diabetes type and treatment
- Lab/evaluation results
- Key patient self-management behaviors
- Educational interventions
- Counseling processes
- Patient satisfaction levels
- Problem areas in diabetes
- Case management activities
We provide ongoing support and consultation, as well as progress reports, to ensure the success of your organization’s disease and case management initiatives.
Interested in learning about Joslin's disease and case management consulting and training?
For more information about Joslin’s Disease Management Department, call 617-309-5803.
Page last updated: July 29, 2014