Direct Referral Lines
|Adult Clinic||(617) 309-2674|
|Pediatric & Adolescent Service||(617) 732-2603|
|Beetham Eye Institute (Ophthalmology)||(617) 732-2552|
In order to provide the best possible patient care and improve communication with providers who refer to Joslin, we have adopted the following ACP referral designations. Please include this information at the point of referral so that we can effectively fulfill your expectations for treatment.
- Consultation: Please provide the best phone number for urgent follow-up.
a. Co-management with shared care - This will be the default relationship unless otherwise specified at the time of referral.
b. Co-management with principal care for the disease by the specialty practice
- Transfer: Transfer of the patient to the specialty practice for whole person care management and coordination. [This would only be for existing Joslin Diabetes Center patients after discussion between the Joslin provider and PCP.]
We appreciate you allowing us to partner with you in the care of your patients and are proud to be a part of your medical neighborhood.
- The NCQA award for Patient-Centered Specialty Practice recognizes the coordination and sharing of clinical information to organize care around patients—across all clinicians seen by a patient—and to include patients and their families or other caregivers in planning care and as partners in managing conditions.
- The American Diabetes Association for meeting the national standards for excellence in diabetes education.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance/American Diabetes Association Diabetes Physician Recognition Program.
- The Heart/Stroke Recognition program through the National Committee for Quality Assurance and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for superior cardiovascular/stroke care.
Page last updated: March 28, 2017