Low Blood Glucose | Hypoglycemia Prevention
- Having frequent low blood glucose?
- Unaware of low blood glucose symptoms?
- Too afraid or not afraid enough of low blood glucose?
- Having frequent motor vehicle accidents or violations?
- Experiencing family conflict due to low blood glucose?
- Having trouble at work due to low blood glucose?
- Attempting intensive insulin therapy?
- Attempting pregnancy?
This one-day Hypoglycemia Prevention workshop helps people with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes who are taking insulin to anticipate, recognize and prevent hypoglycemia. The instructors are Joslin Clinic nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioral specialists.
What Are the Benefits?
Our follow-up research indicates that participants:
- Learn to accurately detect blood glucose levels.
- Improve quality of life and reduce family conflict.
- Reduce severe hypoglycemia.
- Reduce fears about hypoglycemia.
- Reduce motor vehicle accidents and improve driving decisions.
For further information and to register, please call 617-309-2594, or e-mail Yojaira.Sanchez@joslin.harvard.edu.
Upcoming Programs: October 5, and December 7.
Page last updated: November 25, 2014