Young Women's Support Group
Are you between the ages of 18-30? Would you like to meet other young women who have diabetes? Through group discussion, you can share your experiences, gain support and understanding and improve your diabetes self-care. Joslin’s group program can help you explore the issues that are important to you and help you begin to make life changes. Themes often discussed include:
- Setting realistic goals
- Coping with diabetes in relationships
- Coping with your body image, food and exercise
- Coping with less than perfect sense of self
- Decreasing anxiety about complications
- Reducing fears of low blood glucose
- Staying on track during times of stress
Groups will be led by Marilyn Ritholz, Ph.D. She is a licensed psychologist who treats patients with diabetes.
Please call (617) 732-2594 for information.
This program has been subsidized through an educational grant from Roche Diagnostic.
Diabetes Support Groups
Diabetes Message Boards/Forum
Joslin has the only Message Boards on the web for people with diabetes that let you chat with the Joslin clinical staff, as well as people with diabetes and their families.
Page last updated: March 09, 2014