Do You Have Hope?
What is the High Hopes Fund?
The High Hopes Fund is central to the success of all we do. This critical source of immediate, unrestricted support ensures excellence and scientific rigor at every turn.
High Hopes dollars are deployed where they are needed most, when they are needed most, making this important resource one of the most powerful and nimble of Joslin’s philanthropic options. We invite you to give as generously as possible. Exceptional gifts drive discovery and at Joslin, every gift is exceptional.
Please make a gift today to the High Hopes Fund – and give the gift of hope.
Did You Know?
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recognize diabetes as the 7th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- At least 7 million Americans have diabetes and don’t even know it.
- The risk for stroke is 2 to 4 times higher among people with diabetes.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of new cases of blindness among adults aged 20–74 years.
- Women who have had gestational diabetes have a 35% to 60% chance of developing diabetes in the next 10–20 years.
- If current trends continue, the diabetes prevalence rate in the general population, currently 1 in 10, will spike to as many as 1 in 3 by the year 2050.
Source: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Page last updated: September 03, 2015