Joslin offers classes and support groups for the caregivers of pediatric patients.
These classes cover the basics of diabetes, how to manage the condition, and technologies used in its treatment. Many caregivers in our community find support, strength, and hope as they connect with other families and learn age-appropriate techniques for managing diabetes.
Upon completion of the Diabetes 101 class, the participant will be able to:
- Define and understand type 1 diabetes and symptoms
- Describe treatment options for childhood diabetes
- Describe how food impacts diabetes management
- Identify approaches to managing diabetes within the
- child’s and families’ lifestyle