September is Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 15) and is a time to reflect on the contributions of Hispanic Americans.
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Joslin is highlighting the important work of the Joslin Diabetes Center’s Latinx Diabetes Initiative, a program designed to provide high-quality and culturally appropriate care to Latinx patients with diabetes.
The Latinx Diabetes Initiative offers a bilingual clinic and education program, staffed by our team of bilingual providers, including:
- diabetes specialists (doctor) for adults and the pregnancy clinic
- kidney specialist (doctor) for adults
- nurse practitioners and certified diabetes educators
- a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator
- administrative support staff
Joslin’s Latinx Diabetes Initiative Team achievements and contributions to the Hispanic American community inspire us every day. Thank you for all you do!