It is extremely important not to ignore foot problems. One in four people with diabetes develops foot problems that require treatment. If left untreated, these problems progress to the point that amputation is necessary. Our expertise in bypass surgery, limb-sparing surgery and follow-up care has significantly reduced the risk of amputation.
The Joslin offers a full range of services for treating lower-extremity complications of diabetes, with special emphasis on foot problems. We use the latest research and treatment option to keep our patients on their feet.
- Comprehensive foot care and treatment
- Treatment for ulcerations
- Treatment for peripheral vascular disease
- Revascularization procedures for diabetic lower extremities to heal ulcerations
- Plastic and reconstructive lower-extremity surgery
- Prevention of complications of diabetes through periodic maintenance and care of corns, calluses, nails and follow-up care of ulcerations
- Trauma care (fractures, dislocations, contusions, burns, deep lacerations, ruptured or torn ligaments)
- Surgical treatment for structural deformities
- Prevention of lower-extremity amputations
- Treatment of severe, acute and chronic infections of the foot
- Orthotic devices
- Diabetes education
Page last updated: March 26, 2019