Joslin Diabetes Center (or “Joslin”) welcomes and encourages patients and community members to post comments, stories, photos, and other content to our official social media sites including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube (“Social Media Sites”).
By posting on any Joslin Diabetes Center Social Media Site, you agree to adhere to Joslin’s terms as these are described below.
Do not post content that includes any of the following:
- Language or content that discriminates based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed or national origin.
- Obscene, sexual, violent, or graphic language or content.
- Defamatory language or impersonation of others.
- Harassment or abuse of other users.
- Spam or advertisements.
- Illegal activity or the violation of rights of any person or entity, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights, or the promotion thereof.
Joslin Diabetes Center reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Joslin Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion.
You understand and agree that Joslin may disclose your communications and activities with Joslin Diabetes Center in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Joslin Diabetes Center’s rights.
Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting or access to Joslin’s Social Media Sites shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- You must be at least 18 years old or have permission from a parent or guardian to post content.
- You must have the right to share any content that you post. Users are responsible for content submitted to Social Media Sites. You may not post any material, text or graphics, that belong to or were created by someone else without their written permission. You may not submit any material or content that infringes any trademark, copyright or other ownership rights of any party. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including those related to copyright and other intellectual property rights.
By its very nature, content posted to Social Media Sites is not private and remains viewable long after it is posted. Health information shared on Social Media Sites is not considered protected health information and can be further shared, linked, or tagged once posted. Use caution before posting personal health information on any Social Media Sites. Please remember that your posts and comments are available for all to see.
- Always obtain consent when posting content that includes other people’s names or pictures, including permission from a parent or guardian when posting content that includes the name or picture of a minor. Consider who and what is in the background of any pictures, including photographs of, or taken at, our Joslin Diabetes Center Locations.
- Do not post photographs containing any medical information, including hospital wristbands, computer screens, financial statements, or anything that may contain a patient's name, date of birth, medical condition, or other personal information.
JOSLIN DIABETES CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND, MODIFY OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. Changes will be effective when posted. Users' continued use of Joslin’s Social Media Sites after such changes to the terms and conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.