What you need to know before your arrival.
Your health and safety, along with the health and safety of our staff, is our main priority, and we have taken steps to ensure your in-person visits are safe for all.
- Patients (and their escorts if they have one) must answer screening questions to receive their pass through the COVID Passlink the morning of their appointment. Escorts are allowed, but please limit to one person and only if necessary for the patient to attend their appointment.
- Patients can continue to request refills for medications and supplies by contacting Joslin or your provider; we will continue to process prior authorizations as needed.
- Phone or text messages “canceling” appointments refer only to in-person visits. If you have confirmed a remote visit, please assume we have NOT canceled the remote visit.
- If possible, please call with questions between 8:30 AM - 5 PM The on-call provider may be reached for urgent matters during overnights and weekends through the Joslin operator at 617-309-2400.
- If you are feeling sick or have any concerns about a possible COVID-19 infection, please call Joslin before arriving for your scheduled appointment.
- As always, please call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Patients and their escorts must each answer screening questions to receive their pass through the COVID Pass website the morning of their appointment.
- Persons accompanying patients will be limited to those directly involved in the patient’s care. Joslin providers can call others, if needed, during the clinic visit to allow them to participate in the visit remotely.
- Patients and escorts must enter Joslin through the main entrance at 1 Joslin Place.
- Upon entry patients and escorts must stop at the COVID-19 screening desk and show their COVID Passes. (if you do not have your COVID Pass the screener will ask each person required questions.)
- All patients and their escorts will also have their temperature taken using contactless thermometers.
Valet parking is no longer available for Joslin patients due to a change in available valet spaces. Public parking is still available at area garages, and patients may still be dropped off at the Joslin main entrance at 1 Joslin Place.
All persons coming to Joslin for an appointment will be required to enter and exit through the Joslin main entrance at 1 Joslin Place. This includes Adult, Pediatric, and Eye Clinic appointments. Lanes are marked specifically for patients and accompanying persons.
Visitors, including patients, to Joslin will be required to:
- Wear a mask at all times at Joslin, except if/when they are cleared to not wear a mask for clinically approved reasons (e.g. age <2 years or qualifying medical condition) or their medical treatment requires the mask to be temporarily removed.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet or more from other people. Providers will wear the appropriate personal protective equipment and limit time spent <6 feet away during clinical visits.
- Use hand sanitizer or thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after their appointment.
- Reschedule their appointment if they are feeling sick or have any concerns for possible COVID-19 infection; if you are unsure, please call Joslin before arriving for your scheduled appointment.
We take the health and safety of our patients, visitors, vendors and staff very seriously at Joslin, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, and some of the many precautions we are taking include:
- Daily, mandatory staff attestations to ensure no one with COVID-related symptoms or exposures are in the building
- All patients are screened via phone before their appointments
- All patients and accompanying visitors are screened upon entry to Joslin and their temperatures taken
- All essential vendors are screened and required to attest to having no symptoms of COVID-19
- Combining remote work for our administrative and clinical staff with staggered shifts for researchers and clinicians, to assure fewer people in the building to adhere to social distancing guidance
- Spacing onsite appointments so there is enough space to achieve social distancing
- Everyone entering the building is required to wear a mask
- Providers wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Thorough cleanings of all common areas including the lobby, all elevators, handrails and waiting areas
- Patient exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned between appointments