How to Prepare
If you're a new patient at the Beetham Eye Institute, please arrive a half-hour before your appointment to register and bring the following with you:
- Your insurance card
- Copies of materials from any previous eye exams (or arrange to have them sent to us)
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, or any other visual aids you use
- A list of medications to which you are allergic
- A list of prescription medications you take, as well as any over-the-counter medications or supplements
- Sunglasses if you are having your eyes dilated
If you have your eyes dilated during your examination, you should not plan to drive directly afterwards.
Eye appointments involve very thorough and delicate examinations. Exams on average last approximately 2½ hours.