This study aims to collect high-quality glycemic information from persons with type 1 diabetes using meal challenges.
Mathematical modeling and numerical minimization techniques will be used to calibrate insulin pumps and to derive optimized personalized insulin delivery schedules, thereby minimizing postprandial blood glucose and overall hypoglycemia risk.
This study involves a series of 4-hour mixed meal challenges with frequently sampled intravenous blood glucose monitoring.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Use of insulin pump for at least 3 months prior to the study.
- No history of diabetic ketoacidosis in the prior 6 months.
- No known allergy to milk.
- Not pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Email TrialNet [at] joslin.harvard.edu or call (888) 813-8669