Investigation of Exercise Training Induced Myokines and Adipokines in Humans
The purpose of this study is to study the effects of aerobic exercise training on circulating proteins secreted from fat and muscle tissue in a healthy population.
The study involves:
- At least 24 visits to Joslin Diabetes Center over 13 weeks.
- 10 weeks of guided exercise training with at least 2 weekly sessions at Joslin.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test before and after exercise training.
- Assessment of your fitness on a cycle before and after exercise training.
- Blood tests and survery.
- Tracking your exercise via activity tracker.
*Monetary compensation and parking validation will be provided for eligible study participants.
This study is no longer recruiting participants.