The purpose of this study is to find out if patterns of microbiome composition (bacteria in your stool) are related to how glucose levels change after a meal in patients with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
This study involves:
- 2 visits to Joslin Diabetes Center over 2 weeks
- Wearing a continuous glucose monitor and a fitness tracker
- Providing a stool sample
- Keeping a log of blood sugar levels, hypoglycemic events, and treatment of hypoglycemia symptoms
The study will compensate you for the cost of parking or taxi services for each visit.
- Males or females diagnosed with ongoing post-bariatric, post-gastric surgery or other forms of postprandial hypoglycemia with prior episodes of neuroglycopenia
- Age 18-65 years of age, inclusive, at screening.
- Willingness to provide informed consent and follow all study procedures, including attending all scheduled visits.
Cameron Cummings at (617) 309-4463 or hypoglycemiastudy [at] joslin.harvard.edu