Efficacy and Safety of Oral Semaglutide versus Placebo in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Treated with Insulin
The purpose of this trial is to study the effects of an investigational drug, called Semaglutide (not FDA approved yet) that may help control blood sugar levels. This study will compare Semaglutide (in pill form) to inactive medicine (placebo) over approximately 12 months.
The study involves:
- 10 visits to Joslin Diabetes Center over 52 weeks
- 7 follow-up phone calls
- Blood tests and physical examination
- Electrocardiogram (measure electric activity of your heart)
- Recording your blood glucose values
- Parking validation, in addition to financial compensation
Recruitment: This study is not currently recruiting.
This study is no longer recruiting participants.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Osama Hamdy