Please read this important information regarding changes to telehealth appointments at Joslin. When the pandemic began, many legal requirements were waived to allow Joslin providers to conduct telehealth appointments outside Massachusetts, even if our providers were not licensed in the outside state. This was so patients and providers could stay safe and follow COVID-19 restrictions.
As pandemic conditions improve, states are reinstating regulations that prohibit having appointments virtually across state lines (e.g. phone or telehealth). As such, only Joslin patients who reside in Massachusetts will be allowed to schedule telehealth appointments.
What this means for out-of-state residents:
- All out-of-state telehealth appointments already booked through September 1 will be kept as telehealth. No action is needed at this time.
- All out-of-state, telehealth appointments already booked after September 1 will be rescheduled for on-site visits at Joslin. Our office will contact or notify you of this change.
- Effective June 1, all out-of-state appointment requests will be booked as on-site visits.
We understand this change may cause some inconvenience and are committed to making this as smooth a process as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about your appointment, please contact our Central Scheduling Office at 617-309-2440.
Joslin is committed to providing a safe environment for our staff and patients and therefore all COVID-19 prevention practices remain in place at Joslin. Please note:
- If you are coming to Joslin for an appointment, you (and your escort if you have one) must answer COVID-19 screening questions through the COVID Pass link on the morning of your appointment to receive a pass. Escorts are allowed, but please limit to one person and only if necessary for you to attend your appointment.
- We are available for prescriptions and prior authorizations – we will make sure patients have access to medications and supplies.
- Please call Joslin with urgent matters during the day whenever possible and the on-call provider overnight and on weekends at 617-309-2400.
- As always, please call 9-1-1 for all medical emergencies.
Joslin's Education department is working to provide relevant educational content for patients and the public.