- BD LSR-II: This instrument is equipped with four laser lines (488nm, 405nm, 561nm, and 640nm) and 15 fluorescent detectors. The current configuration allows for two colors off the blue laser, five colors off the yellow-green laser, three colors off the red, and six off of the violet.
- Miltenyi Biotec MACSQuant: The MACSQuant is capable of detecting up to eight fluorescent parameters and is equipped with 488nm, 633nm, and 405nm solid-state lasers. This instrument has the ability to provide absolute cell counts.
- BD LSRFortessa: This instrument is equipped with five laser lines (445nm, 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, and 640nm) and 17 fluorescent detectors, and the HTS (High Throughput Sampler) system which will enable fully automated sample acquisition from 96- and 384-well microtiter plates. The current configuration allows for two colors off the 445nm laser, three colors off the blue laser including GFP and YFP detection, five colors off the yellow-green laser, three colors off the red, and four off of the violet.
Consult the facility personnel for fluorochrome combination feasibility and necessary controls prior to designing your analysis experiment.
Consult the facility personnel for fluorochrome combination feasibility and necessary controls prior to designing your experiment.
Large Object Sorting
COPAS: The Complex Object Parametric Analyzer and Sorter (COPAS) BioSort system is specially designed to analyze and sort objects ranging from 40-250 microns.
Magnetic Cell Enrichment
AutoMACS: The AutoMACS provides high yield enrichment of rare cell populations via magnetic selection, which helps to reduce per user sort times by enabling better pre-sort enrichment of target cells.
This analyzer is designed for scanning and evaluating a wide range of microtiter plate-based bioassays—in particular, ELISPOT assays. This instrument offers:
- Uncompromised quality of analyzer components
- Precise, fast, user-friendly scanning
- Objective, reproducible counting results
Automatic Cell Counting
- Cellometer: The Cellometer Vision Trio Cellprofiler system combines bright field microscopy and fluorescence detection to determine total cell numbers, measure cell viability, and quantify GFP expression.
- Hemavet: The Hemavet 950FS Multi Species Hematology System specializes in counting differential white blood cells (WBCs) with 24 parameters including total WBC, erythrocyte, lymphocyte, monocyte, neutrophil and other granulocyte subtypes, and platelet numbers.
For flow cytometry data analysis the Core provides 3 FlowJo dongles that can be signed out from the core on a weekly basis.