Joslin is conducting remote care visits through a variety of mediums, including telephone and video conferencing platforms such as NextGen OTTO Health.
It is important to plan to make the most of your remote visit. Here is what you should have available at the time of your appointment:
- List of questions that you want to ask the healthcare provider
- List of prescriptions that need to be refilled
- List of all medications that you take
- Blood glucose meter(s), insulin pumps, and continuous glucose monitors to be downloaded
See Below: How to upload your glucose information from your glucose meter, Pump or CGM device
- Blood glucose logbook (including logbook from school/childcare) or download glucose reports
- Discuss any forms that need to be filled out and signed by the healthcare team or personal health information forms
- Participants you would like to join the appointment
We look forward to speaking with you during your telehealth appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please contact the appointment line at Joslin at 617-309-2440
A telehealth visit connects you directly to your provider through a secure, live-video system. It is similar to a face-to-face visit where you can see and hear your provider. Virtual (or remote care) visits encompass telehealth visits and some phone visits. Like your regular appointments, all virtual visits, including telehealth visits, occur at a scheduled date and time.
NextGen OTTO Health is the software platform Joslin uses to conduct telehealth visits. OTTO is a web-based platform, so no app is necessary to download.
All you need is a smartphone or tablet, Apple or Android, and internet access. We recommend having the telehealth visit in a quiet, private setting, with good lighting and a strong internet connection.
You will receive an invite via email or text message from noreply [at] ottohealth.com or 844-978-1610. This invite will include a link to your virtual visit. If you do not see an email from noreply [at] ottohealth.com, please check your junk/spam folder. Check out the Test My Device feature prior to the visit to make sure your device and browser is supported.
Below are screenshots of the invitation links via email and text:
A few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, please follow these steps:
- Click the secure link in the email/text to open the OTTO web browser.
- You will be taken to a welcome page. Click “Get Started”
- Fill out the required fields on the intake form: location, name and date of birth, and click “Next”.
- Once those requirements have been met, click “Join Visit”. You must allow access to your camera and microphone to proceed with the visit. If you need help with this step, please visit ottohealth.com/techsupport. Your provider, or member of your care team, will connect with you as soon as they are ready. Like an in-person visit, they are seeing other patients and may be a few minutes late.
Once you have finished your visit, click “End Visit”, and complete the brief survey.
If you need a follow-up appointment, our scheduling team will be in touch after your appointment based upon your provider's recommendation. If you discussed a follow-up appointment with your provider, but have not heard from Joslin, please call us at 617-309-2440.
If you are experiencing OTTO technical issues, visit ottohealth.com/techsupport for self-service tech support, or contact Joslin’s Patient Portal Tech support line at 617-309-2454 or ITServiceDesk [at] joslin.harvard.edu.
Customer assistance: 800-591-3455
Proconnect to Joslin Diabetes Center: (Reconnect code: joslin1)
Text support 650-720-5310 or email support [at] glooko.com
You likely already have a Glooko account set up by Joslin from previous clinic visits. Check your email for an activation request which you would have received when Joslin created an account for you.
- Click the Activate Account button within the email and follow the onscreen prompts to activate the account. If you were given an activation code by Joslin, go to join.glooko.com/activate and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account. join.glooko.com
- If you cannot find your activation request email try logging in with the email Joslin has on file and click forgot password.
- If all else fails create a new Glooko account and you can connect to Joslin Diabetes Centers account by entering proconnect code “joslin1”.
Customer assistance: 1-877-339-2664
How do I set up data sharing with Joslin Diabetes Center?
If you aren’t already connected, ask your clinician for a sharing invitation. The invitation includes a sharing code that you enter in Settings of your Dexcom CLARITY account.
After you enter the share code, your personal Dexcom CLARITY account will share with Joslin’s Dexcom CLARITY account. This will happen automatically and continuously if you use the Dexcom CGM app as your receiver. If you use a Dexcom receiver, you will need to upload it to Dexcom CLARITY regularly (recommended every 30 days) for the data to be up-to-date.
Customer assistance: 1-800-646-4633
Medtronic CareLink: https://carelink.minimed.com
How do I set up data sharing with Joslin Diabetes Center?
You will need to provide us with your CareLink Username and Password for initial linking of accounts.
Patient Education Video Resources and Support
In an effort to support our patients, we have compiled the following list of online video resources. Please review these videos in advance of your appointment, or in addition to your appointment as extra visual support.
Personal Health Information (PHI) Release Forms
At Joslin, we take privacy very seriously. If you need to share your medical information it is important to fill out the necessary paperwork. Please read and complete the necessary PHI forms and fax them to your provider.