Joslin is conducting remote care visits through a variety of mediums, including telephone and video conferencing platforms such as VSee Clinic.
It is important to plan to make the most of your remote visit. Here is what you should have available at the time of your appointment:
- List of questions that you want to ask the healthcare provider
- List of prescriptions that need to be refilled
- List of all medications that you take
- Blood glucose meter(s), insulin pumps, and continuous glucose monitors to be downloaded
See Below: How to upload your glucose information from your glucose meter, Pump or CGM device
- Blood glucose logbook (including logbook from school/childcare) or download glucose reports
- Discuss any forms that need to be filled out and signed by the healthcare team or personal health information forms
- Participants you would like to join the appointment
We look forward to speaking with you during your telehealth appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please contact the appointment line at Joslin at 617-309-2440
A telehealth visit connects you directly to your provider through a secure, live-video system. It is similar to a face-to-face visit where you can see and hear your provider. Virtual (or remote care) visits encompass telehealth visits and some phone visits. Like your regular appointments, all virtual visits, including telehealth visits, occur at a scheduled date and time.
VSee Clinic is the software platform Joslin uses to conduct telehealth visits. It is a mobile app that can be downloaded on to a smartphone or tablet via the Apple App Store or Google Play store. To download VSee Clinic to your smartphone both the Apple App store and Google Play store require a user name and password. Please be sure to have this information available before downloading VSee Clinic to your smart device.
You will receive an invite via email or text message. This invite will include a link to your provider's specific "waiting room" when it is time for your appointment. Please be sure to use the link associated with your appointment to enter the correct waiting room, and thoroughly review the message to prepare for using the VSee telehealth platform.
How to begin your appointment with VSee using the invitation link:
Ten minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, please follow these steps:
- Using the smartphone or tablet you will use for the video visit, click on the link for your visit. Make sure the link has the correct provider’s name at the end of the web address. The web address should look like this: https://joslin.vsee.me/u/lastname_firstinitial
- Clicking the link should open the VSee app
- Fill out the required fields on the intake form: first name, last name, and date of birth and select "Enter Waiting Room"
- Once completed, you will be placed in the virtual waiting room and your clinician will be with you shortly. Like an in-person visit, they are seeing other patients and may be a few minutes late.
- When your provider notifies you, press “accept”
If you need a follow-up appointment, our scheduling team will be in touch after your appointment based upon your provider's recommendation. If you discussed a follow-up appointment with your provider, but have not heard from Joslin, please call us at 617-309-2440.
If you are experiencing VSee technical issues, please contact Joslin’s Patient Portal tech support line at 617-309-2454 or email ITServiceDesk [at] joslin.harvard.edu.
Customer assistance: 800-591-3455
Proconnect to Joslin Diabetes Center: (Reconnect code: joslin1)
Text support 650-720-5310 or email support [at] glooko.com
You likely already have a Glooko account set up by Joslin from previous clinic visits. Check your email for an activation request which you would have received when Joslin created an account for you.
- Click the Activate Account button within the email and follow the onscreen prompts to activate the account. If you were given an activation code by Joslin, go to join.glooko.com/activate and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account. join.glooko.com
- If you cannot find your activation request email try logging in with the email Joslin has on file and click forgot password.
- If all else fails create a new Glooko account and you can connect to Joslin Diabetes Centers account by entering proconnect code “joslin1”.
Customer assistance: 1-877-339-2664
How do I set up data sharing with Joslin Diabetes Center?
If you aren’t already connected, ask your clinician for a sharing invitation. The invitation includes a sharing code that you enter in Settings of your Dexcom CLARITY account.
After you enter the share code, your personal Dexcom CLARITY account will share with Joslin’s Dexcom CLARITY account. This will happen automatically and continuously if you use the Dexcom CGM app as your receiver. If you use a Dexcom receiver, you will need to upload it to Dexcom CLARITY regularly (recommended every 30 days) for the data to be up-to-date.
Customer assistance: 1-800-646-4633
Medtronic CareLink: https://carelink.minimed.com
How do I set up data sharing with Joslin Diabetes Center?
You will need to provide us with your CareLink Username and Password for initial linking of accounts.
Patient Education Video Resources and Support
In an effort to support our patients, we have compiled the following list of online video resources. Please review these videos in advance of your appointment, or in addition to your appointment as extra visual support.
Personal Health Information (PHI) Release Forms
At Joslin, we take privacy very seriously. If you need to share your medical information it is important to fill out the necessary paperwork. Please read and complete the necessary PHI forms and fax them to your provider.