Get Back on Track
Sometimes we need to revisit how we've been managing diabetes. The Diabetes Outpatient Intensive Treatment Program (DO IT) helps people with any type of diabetes tune-up the management of their condition. Through individual attention and small-group education, you'll learn what you need to do to stay on the pathway to better health.
Join the Next Class
Sign-up now, space is limited. Joslin can help you reach your health goals.
What to Expect
Your DO IT team is made up of an endocrinologist, an exercise physiologist, a registered dietitian, nurse educators, behavioral health expert, and a clinical pharmacist. You’ll start by meeting with each specialist individually. Then you'll have a physical exam and lab work, and we’ll take an image of your eyes' retina.
After evaluating your needs, the team will work with you to design a personalized nutrition, exercise, and medication plan. We will go over the latest techniques in diabetes management:
- Interpreting blood glucose levels
- Spotting, avoiding, and treating low blood glucose
- Responding to high levels
- Adjusting and timing your medications
- Taking care of your heart and kidneys
- Managing travel and sick days
- Meeting nutritional goals
- Removing the guesswork from dining out
- Exercising to maintain control
- Reducing stress and staying motivated
At the end of the program, we’ll provide you and your primary care doctor with a record of your lab work, medical findings, and the changes you’ve made to your diabetes care plan.
To learn more about the DO IT program or to register call 617-309-2628 or e-mail DOITParticipant [at] joslin.harvard.edu.