Efficacy and safety of finerenone in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus and the clinical diagnosis of diabetic kidney disease
The purpose of this study is to demonstrate whether, in addition to standard of care (SoC), finerenone is superior to placebo in delaying the progression of kidney disease.
This study involves:
- Taking the study drug, finerenone, or inactive medication (placebo).
- 16 study visits in a span of 2 years. After the first month, the visits will be every 4 months.
- Duration of study will be approximately 2 years.
Monetary compensation and parking validation will be provided for eligible study participants.
- Men or women 18 years or older.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM).
- Clinical diagnosis of Diabetic Kidney Disease.
- Receiving treatment for high blood pressure.
Taylor Pierce at 617-309-4616 or taylor.pierce [at] joslin.harvard.edu ()