Early myocardial remodeling and progressive kidney function decline in type 1 diabetes
The goal of this study is to further understand the connection between changes in the cardiovascular system and early kidney disease in people with type 1 diabetes. This information may lead to future prevention and treatment options.
This study involves:
- 1 to 2 study visits
- Detailed evaluation of heart and kidney function by MRI
- Measurement of coronary artery calcium (index of atherosclerosis) by CT scan
- Blood tests (cholesterol, HbA1c, fasting glucose, kidney function)
- Urine tests (kidney function)
All study related procedures are provided at no charge.
Monetary compensation and parking validation will be provided for eligible study participants.
- 25-65 years old
- Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes before the age of 41 or have never been diagnosed with diabetes
- Have normal or only moderately decreased kidney function
The Joslin Heart and Kidney Study
Email: HeartandKidney [at] joslin.harvard.edutarget="_blank" title="Email the Joslin Heart and Kidney Study"z
Toll free: 1-866-622-3885